- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 2 dozen heart shaped cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and flour. Whisk until clumps disappear.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake mix, flour, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in powdered sugar until fully coated. Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. If desired, cut cookies into heart shapes, using a heart shaped cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Eat the cookie scraps 🙂
- Note-you don’t have to cut the cookies into heart shapes. They are great round too!
This condensed recipe was found first at TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com. We do not own the recipe or photos, but appreciate them sharing!