Prep Time 15 mins – Cook Time 50 mins – Serves 4
- 35 oz / 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1.5 tbsp paprika
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Lakanto or another brown sugar alternative
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius / 200 Celsius fan / 428 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the rub by mixing all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or non stick frying pan and sear the chicken wings for 2 – 3minutes per side. (If using a cast iron skillet you may need to grease with a little oil to prevent sticking.)
- Once seared, place the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and toss with the rub and olive oil or butter. Massage until fully coated.
- Place the BBQ Chicken Wings onto a greaseproof lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes until crisp. Turn half way through for even cooking. For ultimate crispy skin, you can also place under the grill at the end for around 3 – 5 minutes to really crisp up.
This recipe was found first at sugarfreelondoner.com. They took all the photos and made the recipe, we’re just glad to share!