- 1 pound bag frozen pitted cherries
- 3 cups crushed ice, plus extra to serve if desired
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup white rum
- Lime Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- Lime wedges and fresh cherries, for garnish
Lime Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 limes, juiced and zested
- Place the frozen cherries, ice, mint, rum, and lime simple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
Lime Syrup Directions
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, lime juice, and lime zest over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature minutes before using. If making in advance, store in a sealed container within the refrigerator.
This condensed recipe was found first at MyBakingAddiction.com. The photos and recipe are not ours, but am grateful to be able to share it!