PREP: 10mins – COOK: 10mins – TOTAL: 20mins
- 1 1/2 cups dried Israeli couscous, also called pearl couscous
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, depending on taste
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs; use any combination of fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, dill, or mint
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins, we love golden raisins
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add couscous and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- While the couscous cooks, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the drained couscous to the dressing and mix well.
- Stir in the cucumber, tomato, herbs, walnuts and raisins. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and/or pepper as needed. Enjoy warm or cover then refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
This recipe and photos were created by inspiredtaste.net. We simply shared it, but think you should check out their website!