Prep 15 mins – Cook 40 mins – Total 55 mins
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup Corn Flakes cereal crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 ounces (½ cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Pour melted butter into a 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Place egg in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine Corn Flakes crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut into ¾-inch thick slices. Dip each slice in egg and coat with crumb mixture. Place in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes; flip the slices over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce over eggplant and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 3 more minutes, or until cheese is just melted.
This recipe and photos were created by TheSeasonedMom.com. We just shared it! Their website is awesome, we definitely recommend checking it out for more ideas!