Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 10 mins – Total 25 mins
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced shallots (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt or fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 large fresh figs (or 8 small), I used Black Mission
- 5 cups baby arugula (5 oz package)
- 2 ounces goat cheese , crumbled
Toast the Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread walnuts into a single layer on a small baking sheet. Roast for 5-10 minutes until fragrant and toasted, stirring halfway through. Let cool while you prepare the vinaigrette.
Make the Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, stir together shallots, 1 tablespoon vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in walnut oil, whisking, until emulsified.
- Taste the dressing. If you like it to have a more tart flavor, add an additional 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Assemble the Fig Salad
- Cut stems from figs and slice in quarters if large and in half if small.
- Toss baby arugula with the toasted walnuts and half of the vinaigrette. Arrange figs on the top of the salad and lightly drizzle each with a little of the remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle the salad with crumbled goat cheese.
- If desired, finish the salad with a few grinds of cracked black pepper and a few pinches of a medium-grind sea salt. Serve immediately.
This awesome recipe and photos were created by StripedSpatula.com, we just shared it! Check out their website for more great ideas!