Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless, chicken thighs , cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 green onions, diced
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- cooked white rice
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, and chicken broth in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle corn starch on top of chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large non stick pan, or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken, stirring often, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 or 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add rice vinegar and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the hoisin mixture. Stir to combine and cook for another few minutes to warm through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cashews and green onions. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
This awesome recipe and photos were created by MomOnTimeOut.com, we just shared it! They have so many delicious recipes, you should check them out!