- 2 large eggs
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound macaroni use brown rice pasta for gluten free version
- 6 Tbl. butter I use unsalted
- 10 oz. grated cheese about 3 cups (I used sharp cheddar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix eggs, evaporated milk, 1/2 tsp salt, cayenne pepper and mustard in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Boil macaroni in salted water until nearly done. You want to drain when it’s al dente, because you’re going to continue cooking it on the stove for a few more minutes.
- Returned drained macaroni to pot and add the butter to melt and coat the pasta over a low heat.
- Add egg mixture and part of the cheese and stir constantly over low heat, about 7 minutes. Gradually add remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper. (Try a pinch of white pepper if you have it)
- If you want to, you can top it with bread crumbs and bake it, but around here, the forks are usually in the pot “testing”, before I can get it on the plate.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by WhatAGirlEats.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!