Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 5 mins – Total: 20 mins
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup water
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups Frito corn chips
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- For serving: shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the beef over medium high heat, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks. After the beef has cook through, drain the grease if necessary.
- Return the beef back to the skillet and add the taco seasoning, salsa, and water. Bring to a simmer, lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir in the cream cheese until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a 11X7 baking dish. Top with the Fritos, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top, and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with optional toppings.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by mamagourmand.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!