PREP: 15 mins – COOK: 12 mins – TOTAL: 27 mins
- 1 pkg puff pastry or crescent roll
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped or shredded
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons mustard optional
- 2 Tablespoon butter optional
- Seasonings as desired garlic plus mix, etc.
- Roll out the crescent or puff pastry on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Set aside
- Chop the broccoli, pepper, and carrots.
- Shred the cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and seasonings until vegetables are fully coated.
- Spoon the broccoli braid filling down the center of the pastry dough, leaving at least 4″ of dough on either side uncovered.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the puff pastry about 3″ deep, every 1-2″ on each side of the crescent dough rectangle.
- Try to align the cuts on either side of the filling.
- Once all of the cuts are done, pinch one strip in each hand and twist before pressing together. Repeat with all strips.
- If desired, you can rub or brush the butter ontop of the pastry and then sprinkle with additional seasoning or cheese.
- Bake according to puff pastry directions, usually about 8-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by 3BoysAndADog.com, we just shared it! They have so many other good ideas, check them out for more!