Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 35 mins
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic,
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- 1 ½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 flaxseed or chia egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 12 oz Marinara Sauce
- 2 large zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop the eggplant into 1″ pieces. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add eggplant along with ¼ cups water. Sauté for 10 minutes until eggplant is slightly brown and tender.
- Transfer it to a food processor along with all the other ingredients for your eggplant meatballs. Process until you have a uniform batter. Be careful not to overprocess or the meatballs will become gummy. Some texture is desirable. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Roll the meatball mixture into balls 2 heaping tablespoons in size and place on the prepared parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until meatballs are browned and crispy on the outside.
- When the meatballs are done, add them to a saucepot with marinara sauce until the marinara sauce is heated all the way through. Toss with zucchini noodles and serve with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by MyDarlingVegan.com, we just shared it! They have so many other great ideas, you should definitely check them out!