- 1 tbsp oil, can use vegan butter
- 1 onion rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp hot sauce optional/to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or sunflower seeds
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tsbp sugar optional. any sugar or agave will work
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1 cm fresh
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 handfuls spinach
- Saute garlic and onion in a pot over medium heat in the oil. Add the spices and hot sauce to warm through. Cook for 2 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add the other ingredients except the tomato paste, spinach and chickpeas and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 mins until cashews are soft.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for another 2 mins, stirring to combine.
- Cool slightly then pour into a high powdered blender and blend on high for 2 mins.
- Return the sauce to the pot and add in the drained can of chickpeas
- Simmer for 5 mins until chickpeas are hot. Stir in spinach to just wilt.
- Serve with rice or naan
This delicious recipe and photos were created by pamelafergusson.com, we just shared it! She has so many other great ideas, you definitely need to check it out!