Prep: 12 mins – Cook: 12 mins – Total: 24 mins
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (or pinto beans), drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, or to taste
- Pinch salt, to taste, optional
- 4 (10-inch) large tortillas
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, toss together cooked rice and fresh chopped cilantro, and drizzle with the lime juice. Heat in the microwave or on the stove just until hot, and give it a quick stir.
- In a separate large skillet, sauté the onion in vegetable oil or olive oil for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the black beans or pinto beans, and season with the chili powder, cumin, and hot sauce, stirring to combine. You can add a bit of salt if you’d like, but you shouldn’t need too much with all the other seasonings. Allow the beans to cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cilantro-lime rice and the black bean mixture onto lightly warmed flour tortillas, and add any additional toppings you want.
- Wrap the burritos: Fold the short ends in, then fold one long side over the filling and gently push to ensure the fold is tight before rolling up the remainder of the burrito.
- Cut in half, and serve immediately.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TheSpruceEats.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!