Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 1 hr 20 mins – Total: 1 hr 40 mins
For the Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 loaded cups cauliflower florets 1.5 to 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk I used almond milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry basil or a Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour of choice omit to make gluten-free
For the Lasagna:
- Pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 to 6 artichokes finely chopped (I used canned, drain, rinse and use)
- 1 recipe Pepita parmesan
- No boil Lasagna noodles as needed
- salt pepper and italian herb blend
- Make the Alfredo sauce:
- In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower, water and salt and cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly, add everything including water to a blender and blend with non dairy milk, all the spices, oil, and flour. Blend to a smooth puree. Taste and adjust salt, herbs and tang if needed.
- Make the Lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Layer 3/4 -1 cup pasta sauce in the baking pan, then layer noodles. Add more sauce to preference.
- Then layer fresh baby spinach or use frozen(thawed), then 3/4 to 1 cup alfredo sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, then pasta sauce, then add veggies of choice like mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, cooked lentils or veggie burger crumbles. then layer noodles, alfredo sauce , distribute chopped artichoke hearts on the sauce. Sprinkle pepita parmesan (or nutritional yeast) on the artichoke hearts.
- Add a layer of noodles. add a 1/3 cup water all around the edges. then a good 1-1.5 cups pasta sauce on the top layer to seal all the layers. Drizzle some alfredo sauce on the pasta sauce and add pepita parm and a spray of oil. Sprinkle a generous sprinkle of salt and black pepper and italian herb blend. I also added some pepper flakes. Add vegan cheese shreds if you like.
- Cover with foil, punch a few small holes and bake at 400 degrees F / 200ºc for 45 to 50 mins.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve hot.
This amazing recipe and photos were created by VeganRicha.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!