Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 5 mins – Total: 10 mins
- 8 Slices thick white bread
- 4 tbsp Good mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Room temperature butter
- 1 lb Cheddar (or your favorite cheese)
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and butter until fully combined. Assembly sandwiches by spreading the butter-mayo mixture on one side of each piece of bread. On the inside of the bread add 1/2 cup of grated cheese and top with second piece of bread that is prepared with the same butter/mayo combo.
- Add prepared sandwich to a cold cast iron skillet and turn heat on to low. Carefully watch to make sure that you aren’t burning the butter-mayo, !ip as soon as one side is golden brown and continue with other side. “is process should take 8-10 min on each side. Do not rush this process or you will compromise the crispy golden crust of a perfect grilled cheese.
- Once both sides are golden brown, transfer to a plate and serve!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TheModernProper.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!