Total Time: 5 mins
- 4 collard leaves
- 1/2 cup hummus (any variety)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 carrots , grated
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- To cook the leaves: Fill a skillet 1″ high with water. Bring the water to a boil then, one at a time, submerge the collard leaves into the water allowing them to cook for 15 – 20 seconds. Move the leaves around in the water (flip if necessaruntil the whole leaf has turned bright green and is cooked. Repeat with remaining leaves. Allow the leaves to cool completely.
- To prepare the leaves: When ready to assemble, carefully cut the stem out of the leaf. Start towards the top, run your knife along the rib of the leaf, being careful not to cut a hole in the leaf itself. Cut all the way to the bottom of the stem and cut the stem off.
- To assemble: divide all the ingredients into four. Spread the hummus into the center of each leaf, then top with quinoa, cucumber, tomato, carrot, sliced avocado and finishing with the sprouts.
- To fold the wraps: fold in the sides. Take the edge facing you and fold it over the ingredients. Roll away from you as tightly as possible.
- Store the wraps whole and enjoy for 2 – 3 days.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by SimplyQuinoa.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more delicious ideas!