Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp Vegan Edamame Pesto dip (see notes for substitutes)
- Edamame Soy beans (without shell), oil, garlic, lemon, herbs of choice, sunflower seeds, salt/pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 2 Pieces Gluten Free Bread
- Cucumber slices (thin)
- 1/3 c shredded red cabbage
- 3–4 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Sliced bell pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- Pepperoncini or banana peppers
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil & Vinegar combo
- Microgreens or Sprouts
- First Make you edamame pesto by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor. If you don’t have time to make the pesto (which is super easy and fast) then feel free to use any flavor hummus.
For Layering the Sandwich:
- Make sure all your vegetables are sliced then or chopped. Feel free to toast your bread as first as well.
- Then start layering your veggie sandwich. The key to start with the edamame pesto first. Spread one table on each piece of bread.
- Start with one piece of bread as bottom layer, then add your cucumber and remaining ingredients. The banana peppers should be last before the oil/vinegar.
- Then Drizzle with olive oil/vinegar combo 1/2 tbsp each or so.
- Add a bit of Sea salt and cracked pepper. Top with fresh sprouts and the close it up with the other piece of bread.
This simple but nutritious recipe and photos were created by CotterCrunch.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!