Total Time: 35 mins
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter*
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (or add-ins of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even and tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is a rich golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift breakfast bars out of the baking pan. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by BeamingBaker.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!