Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g tempeh, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g (1 ⁄2 cup) yellow curry paste (see tip)
- 2 x 420g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 500ml (2 cups) So Good Cashew Unsweetened milk
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 6 silverbeet leaves, stalk trimmed, leaves shredded
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
- 1 long fresh red chilli, chopped
- 80g (1 ⁄2 cup) roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over mediumhigh heat. Cook tempeh, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Stir often for 3 minutes or until softened slightly. Stir in paste until aromatic then chickpeas.
- Pour milk and coconut cream into pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in silverbeet. Cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Remove from heat and season.
- Divide rice and curry among serving plates. Top with tempeh, chilli, cashew, nigella seeds, if using, and basil. Serve with pappadums.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Taste.com.au, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!