Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 45 mins
For the Crust
- 1 cup warm water (around 110°F)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-2½ cups all-purpose flour
For the Pizza
- Shredded cheese
- Pre-cooked meat
To Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet and set to the side.
- Mix together sugar, yeast and water and let that proof for 5 minutes until it’s nice and bubbly. (If you’re using instant yeast, skip the proofing step and just mix it all together!)
- Add olive oil to the mix and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of flour and salt and mix together with a spatula until a ball starts to form. Add more flour as needed, 1 tbsp at a time, until you have a slightly sticky dough ball. (*See notes if you plan to freeze the dough.)
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough. You can add up to half a cup of extra flour if needed.
- Roll dough into desired shape and transfer to your greased pan.
- Gently use a fork to prick the dough all the way around, being careful not to poke it all the way through the crust.
- Bake the dough on the lowest rack of oven for 5 minutes, then remove. Poke any air bubbles with a fork.
To Make the Pizza
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. (If you don’t like crispy toppings, add even more cheese on top of your toppings.)
- Bake on the lower rack of oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust looks crispy and is slightly brown. (Keep an eye on it, it goes from slightly brown to overdone quickly!)
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by ShelfCooking.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great ideas!