Prep: 55 mins – Total: 55 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions and garlic in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
- Stir in cumin, salt, red pepper and chicken. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in beans, chiles and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in cilantro.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by BettyCrocker.com, we simply shared it.