- Chicken pieces, 2 3/4–3 lb (1.25 kg–1.5 kg)
- Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
- Sweet paprika, 2 teaspoons
- Ground coriander, 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin, 2 teaspoons
- Red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon
- Lemon zest, grated from 1 large lemon
- Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butternut squash pieces, 1 package (14–16 oz/440–500 g)
- Fingerling potatoes, 1 lb (500 g), halved lengthwise
- Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Pat the chicken dry, and place in a large bowl; add 2 tablespoons of the oil and turn to coat. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture for the vegetables; add the remainder to the chicken. Add 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of black pepper to the chicken and turn to coat. Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on half of a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the squash and potatoes in the same bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, season lightly with salt and black pepper, and toss to coat. Add the reserved spice mixture, and toss to coat. Arrange the vegetables on the second half of the baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a warmed platter or 4 warmed plates and serve right away.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Weeknight-Gluten-Free, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great ideas!