Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 tsp. Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 2 c. all-purpose Dour, spooned and leveled, plus more for working
- Beat butter and Cheddar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper, and beat to combine. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour, then 1 tablespoon cold water, mixing just until incorporated, 30 seconds (add an additional tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed).
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment to 1/4-inch thickness. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut out cookies with various-sized small floured holly leaf cookie cutters; transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake until firm and lightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by CountryLiving.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!