Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 90 mins – Total: 105 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups wild rice blend
- 3 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil In a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme, dill, crushed red pepper, and season with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the butter and wild rice, cook 2-3 minutes, until the rice is golden and toasted. Pour in 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the broccoli, spinach, and 1/2 cup of each cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the remaining cheese over top the casserole.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown. Serve warm with additional thyme.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HalfBakedHarvest.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!