Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounce chickpeas drained
- 1 can (14 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (coconut oil if vegan)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- steamed rice and naan for serving
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger, cooking another 2 minutes. Stir in the garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat with the spices. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin, tomato paste, butter, and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chickpeas and sauce over bowls of rice with fresh naan and additional cilantro.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HalfBakedHarvest.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great ideas!