Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total: 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 baby bok choy, halved, or 1 bunch kale
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 20-30 fresh or frozen wontons/dumplings, or potstickers (they all work!)
- green onions and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy and cook 3-4 minutes until charred on the edges. Transfer to a plate.
- To the same Dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon oil, the mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and ginger. Cook 3-5 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the wontons and cook until they float, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the bok choy, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Remove from the heat.
- To make the chili oil: combine everything in a small bowl.
- Divide the bok choy between bowls, then ladle the soup over. Top each bowl with green onions. Serve the chili oil on the side.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HalfBakedHarvest.com, we simply shared it! Check them out for more great ideas!