- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 links turkey sausage, preferably apple, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups cubed bread from a sturdy loaf or baguette, preferably whole wheat (Slightly stale bread works best. If the bread is fresh, place in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes before using.)
- 10–12 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, onion, celery, apple, cranberries, and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the sausage is just cooked through.
- Combine the bread, sausage-vegetable mixture, sage, stock, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to evenly coat the stuffing with the liquid. Season with a few pinches of salt and black pepper.
- Place in a 13″ x 9″ casserole dish and dot with the butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, until the top of the stuffing is nicely browned and crunchy.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by EatThisNotThat.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!