Prep: 15 mins – Total: 70 mins
- ½ cup (4 oz.) salted butter, softened and divided
- 2 Tbsp.s (1 oz.) rum
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (from 1 [32-oz.] box)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over low; stir in rum. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter mixture. Remove from heat.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise; cut each half lengthwise into 3 slices. Arrange banana slices in a spoke pattern over brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over bananas and brown sugar mixture.
- Beat together 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition, reserving egg whites for later. Add buttermilk and vanilla, beating just until blended. Add pancake mix and cinnamon, beating just until blended.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Spread batter evenly over pecans and bananas in skillet. Place skillet on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in skillet on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
This recipe and photos were created by MyRecipes.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!