Prep: 45 mins – Bake: 45 mins plus cooling
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Optional: Sliced bananas and additional chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour. Fold in cherries. Spread into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in mashed banana and preserves. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over brownie batter; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake until topping is set and a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out mostly clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. If desired, serve bars garnished with banana slices and additional cherries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!