- A few slices of bacon
- Sandwich bread (sourdough would be awesome, but I use gluten free)
- Apricot preserves (or jam)
- Brie cheese
- About 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Fresh Basil
- Cook the bacon and remove from pan. Cool on paper towel.
- Spread apricot preserves on bot slices of bread. Add slices of brie and the cooked bacon and sandwich together.
- Liberally butter both sides of the sandwich on the outside and cook, covered, over medium heat, flipping halfway through until the bread is browned and the cheese is melted (if the cheese still isn’t melted all the way, sometimes I just take the sandwich apart and put the cheese directly on the pan for a few seconds).
- Meanwhile, put the balsamic vinegar in a small, microwavable cup or bowl in the microwave. Stir every minute until it starts to boil. Then stir ever 20 seconds until syrupy (you can also do this on the stove).
- Drizzle the finished grilled cheese with the balsamic reduction and garnish with basil if desired.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by YammiesNoshery.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more awesome ideas!