Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total 50 mins
For the Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- salt and black pepper
For the Gnocchi Bake
- 16 ounces store-bought gnocchi
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups boneless and skinless chicken breast cooked through and shredded
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 6 ounces fontina cheese grated
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 strips of bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- shaved parmesan for garnish
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cream cheese, garlic, milk and heavy cream. Whisk the ingredients until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, as you continue to whisk. Turn off the heat, and whisk in the parmesan cheese. Add a tablespoon of the alfredo to the beaten eggs and whisk vigorously. Now add the eggs to the saucepan, whisking vigorously the entire time so that the eggs do not scramble. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi according to it’s package’s instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the alfredo sauce, sour cream, ricotta cheese, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, parsley and gnocchi. Fold the ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle fontina and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle bacon, parsley and shaved parmesan on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by CookingAndBeer.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!