Prep: 30 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil for brushing the dough
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 3 teaspoons za’atar spice blend
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and instant yeast. Then add the olive oil and water. Stir to combine, then knead with your hands (or use a kitchen machine with a dough hook) until it’s a smooth dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour; if it’s too crumbly, add more water.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let it sit in a warm place until it doubles in size (for about 1-2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C or 480 °F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured baking sheet, like you would with pizza, and brush the dough with the olive oil. Sprinkle the za’atar on top.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough in strips. Pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes, until it gets a nice golden color. Carefully break them apart and done!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by ElephantasticVegan.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!