- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jam
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 large head red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tart green apple, such as Granny Smith, cored, peeled, and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in an 8-qt. saucepan over medium-high.
- Cook onion until soft, 5–7 minutes.
- Add blueberries, jam, vinegar, cinnamon, ginger, cabbage, apple, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 1 hour.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Saveur.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!