Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 0 mins – Total: 70 mins
- Orange Sugar:
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup sugar
- Orange Truffles:
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
To make orange sugar:
- Zest the orange, avoiding the white pith as much as possible.
- Let zest sit out overnight uncovered (or until completely dried).
- Add zest and sugar to a small food processor and pulse until the sugar and zest are a fine powder.
- Add chocolate and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and stir together.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Wait one minute then stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add in orange extract and stir until smooth.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and coat in orange sugar.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by DinnerThenDessert.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!