Total Time: 15 mins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- Spray a small baking sheet generously with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, add nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking soda, then set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add granulated sugar and light corn syrup. Use a spatula to stir until combined. Mixture will be very sticky and difficult to stir near the end; this is okay.
- Microwave sugar syrup mixture on HIGH for 4 minutes, then stir. Return bowl to microwave and heat for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden color. Be careful not to overheat; a dark brown hue means the sugar has burned.
- Remove bowl from microwave and quickly begin to add the following ingredients: vanilla, butter, the prepared spices from step 1, and the peanuts. Stir mixture so that all the ingredients are combined. Mixture will lighten and may rise or appear “fluffy.”
- Spray rim of bowl with more cooking spray, then pour brittle mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Working quickly, use a spatula or a spoon to smooth the peanut brittle out in a layer roughly the same thickness as the peanuts.
- Let peanut brittle cool and harden for at least 1 hour. Once cooled and firm, use your hands to break the brittle into sizes of your choice (usually 2×2 inch in size)
This delicious recipe and photos were created by HomeMadeHoopla.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!