Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 1 C . + 2 T. Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/3 C . Chickpea Flour
- 1 T . Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 T . Onion Powder
- 1 T . Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp . Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp . Dried Sage
- 1/2-1 tsp . Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp . Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1 C . Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 C . Gala Apples, Chopped
- 1 1/2 T . Liquid Aminos
- 3/4 tsp . Liquid Smoke
- 1 1/2 C . Fennel, Sliced Thinly
- 1 1/2 C . White Onion, Sliced Thinly
- Optional: Oil for Coating
- 2 C . Arugula
- 1 T . Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift and stir together all of the dried ingredients for the seitan in a large bowl.
- In a blender, pulse the veggie broth, apple, liquid aminos and liquid smoke a few times.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four pieces.
- Roll the pieces of seitan into logs, then place them on a large piece of foil (approx. 10″x10″).
- Wrap the foil around them as tight as possible, then twist the side-ends tightly in opposite directions until they won’t twist anymore.
- Place the sausages on a baking sheet and bake them for 25-30 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes (less baking time if you want to grill them). Your baking time may vary, but you can test if they’re done by squeezing them a little with some tongs to see if they are firm.
- Once they are done baking, take them out of the oven and wait 5 minutes to unwrap them.
- Toss the fennel and onion slices together and grill or roast until slightly browned.
- Toast the buns, fill with a little arugula, a sausage, top with grilled veggies and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve warm!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by VeganYackAttack.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!