Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 60 mins – Total: 70 mins
For the Burgers
- 2 cups beetroot peeled
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tbsp wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp table/Kosher salt
For the Dressing
- 2 large avocados ripe
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove diced
- red onion sliced into rings
- ¼ tsp table/Kosher salt
- 4 Wholemeal buns
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°F. Line a deep baking dish with parchment paper.
- Slice the beetroot into medium-sized cubes, and place in the lined baking dish. Pour olive oil over and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the cooked beets in a food processor or blender. Pulse only a few times.
- Add all the other burger ingredients in a large bowl and add the beets. Combine thoroughly. If the mix starts to become too mushy or liquidy, add more breadcrumbs.
- Once the mix is ready, start shaping it into burger patties one by one. When each one is done, transfer the patty onto a newly lined baking tray.
- Bake the patties for 30 minutes. Flip them at 15 minutes to allow even cooking across the entire burger.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients in a large bowl. Try to mash the avocado as best as possible until you’ve achieved your desired consistency.
- When cooked, remove the beet patties from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Assemble the burgers by placing the patties in the buns, and top with the avocado mix and red onion.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This delicious vegan burger recipe and photos were created by TheOnlineGrille.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!