Prep: 15 mins – Total: 45 mins
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1leek, cut in half lengthwise, rinsed, sliced thinly
- 3 1/2cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1medium apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1tablespoon water
- 6tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2medium apple, cut into 12 thin slices
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and leek to oil; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft. Stir in broth, sweet potatoes and apple pieces. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, place broccoli and water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on High 1 minute 30 seconds or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In blender or food processor, place about one-third of soup mixture. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth, stopping blender to scrape side if necessary. Pour into large bowl. Repeat 2 times more with remaining soup mixture. Pour soup back into saucepan; stir in broccoli. Cover and heat over low heat about 10 minutes or until hot.
- Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls. To serve, top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 apple slices.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by BettyCrocker.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas.