Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lb. green peas, thawed if using frozen
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- good quality extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a medium sized pot, heat oil. Once shimmering and hot, add minced garlic, leeks, and fennel. Cook until fragrant and translucent on medium-low heat.
- Add vegetable broth and water, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add asparagus and cook until soft and tender. Add peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley.
- Transfer to blender. Puree on high speed until smooth.
- Return to pot and keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- Finish with olive oil, course black pepper, and chopped parsley.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by DelishKnowledge.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!