Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total: 40 mins
- 8 large carrots (about 850 grams)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional topping: fresh cilantro
Curry Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak cashews the night before. Place in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside. If you forget to soak them, add them to hot water while the carrots cook.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on two parchment lined baking sheets, spreading out evenly. Make sure they are not too close together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir/rotate, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the carrot fries bake, make the sauce. Place all ingredients into a Vitamix or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Once carrots are done sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by EatTheGains.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!