Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 30 mins
To sear chicken
- 3 chicken breasts (butterflied into half cutlets)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
For creamy sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 small colored bell peppers (red, green and yellow), ringed or striped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.5 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl and sprinkle this mixture generously on both sides of chicken cutlets.
- Heat oil and butter on medium high heat in a skillet and place in the chicken cutlets, not overcrowding them. In the case of a smaller pan, cook them in batches. Cook undisturbed for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and add in sliced mushrooms and peppers along with garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for five minutes, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan into the mixture. Stir in parsley, thyme, rosemary and cook for a minute.
- Stir in cream and mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Add in parmesan and mix well. Return chicken cutlets and cook for 5-8 minutes till chicken is fully cooked (internal temp 165°F).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by GypsyPlate.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!