Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 40 mins – Total: 60 mins
- 1 disk puff pastry just make sure it’s Vegan by reading the ingredients
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp EVOO separated
- 5 or 6 tomatoes (to use canned tomatoes, read the notes)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful fresh herbs I used thyme and basil
- 4 tsp Herbes de Provence or dry marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by slicing one big onion, and put it in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Let it cook until soft. Then turn off the stove and let cool down.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180°C/360°F and finely slice your tomatoes.
- Unroll the puff pastry in a tart pan and poke the dough all over with a fork. Evenly spread the Dijon mustard thinly on the bottom.
- Add the cooked onions to the bottom of the tart and spread evenly. Sprinkle some salt and Herbes de Provence.
- Top with the tomato slices, placing them nicely to cover completely the bottom of the tart.
- Add the thinly sliced garlic clove. Sprinkle the rest of the Herbes the Provence and fresh thyme, add salt and pepper and lightly pour the other tbsp of olive oil. Fold the edge of the puff pastry over the filling to obtain a rustic look.
- Now put in the oven, bake for 40 minutes, then remove, and set aside for 10 minutes to cool down before serving.
- To serve drizzle with a few drops of olive oil, top with fresh basil, sprigs of fresh thyme. Can be served lukewarm or cold. Bon appetit!
This delicious recipe and photos were created by SevenRoses.net. Please check them out for more awesome ideas!