Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 20 mins – Total: 30 mins
- Food processor or a box grater
- Frying pan
- 1 ½ pounds starchy potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg, flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel, wash, and finely grate potatoes and onion using a food processor fitted with a grating disc or use the small holes on a box grater. Wring out the liquid using paper or kitchen towel. Gently fold the potatoes mixture into the bowl with the egg to combine.
- In a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. For each pancake, drop two tablespoons of the potato mixture into the skillet, flattening each mound with a spatula. Fry about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove pancakes with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels until oil is absorbed. Keep warm in the oven while finishing frying the rest of the batter. Repeat frying the cakes, adding more oil if needed, until the mixture is used up.
- Serve immediately with cinnamon applesauce or sour cream.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by All-Thats-Jas.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!