Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 25 mins – Total: 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small courgette / zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into wedges
- Approx 10 baby tomatoes, whole or halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet of vegan-friendly puff pastry, room temperature
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 x 300 g / 10 oz pot of hummus
- Fresh basil, torn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C / 430F.
- Drizzle the oil over the vegetables in a medium roasting tray. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the puff pastry sheet. You can either make one large tart or two smaller ones. To make two, simply slice the sheet in half widthways. You may need to trim it a little to fit onto a baking sheet.
- Score a 3cm border around the sheet and prick the middle with a fork a few times to stop it puffing up too much. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or according to the packet’s instructions).
- Once the puff pastry is cooked, remove from the oven and top with the hummus, using as much or as little as you like. Then top with the roast vegetables.
- Scatter over some fresh basil (optional) and enjoy! Delicious served both hot and cold.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by WallflowerKitchen.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!