Total: 60 mins
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (200 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (120 grams)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (60 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8-inch springform pan with butter or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk together until evenly distributed and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine milk, oil, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together using a rubber spatula until just combined and no dry ingredients are visible. Do not overmix (overmixing will make the cake denser and firmer). Gently fold in the blueberries until they are evenly distributed.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir well to combine all the streusel topping ingredients including butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix well until crumbly. Set aside.
- Pour and spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle streusel topping evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then open the springform to remove the cake. Slice and serve as is or with a drizzle of lemon glaze.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by AHeadOfThyme.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!