Total Time: 60 mins
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups new potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cut the kernels off the cobs and cut the cobs in half.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups water, the corn cobs and potatoes and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover the saucepan and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes..
- Remove and discard the cobs. Transfer three-quarters of the soup from the pot to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and then return it to the pot with the remaining soup. Add the cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to turn golden and smell nutty, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the sesame seeds to the hot butter and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- To serve, drizzle the soup with the sesame seed brown butter.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by PureWow.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!