- straight-to-wok udon noodles 300g
- toasted sesame oil 1 tbsp
- spring onions 6, shredded
- green beans 160g, trimmed and halved
- ginger thumb-sized piece, peeled and shredded
- kimchi 4 tbsp, finely chopped
- eggs (we used Clarence Court Burford Browns) 2
- sesame seeds 1 tsp
- soy sauce 1 tbsp
- red chilli 1, finely sliced (optional)
- Put the noodles in a sieve over the sink and pour over a kettle of just-boiled water. Toss to separate the noodles. Leave to drain.
- Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in a wok or pan over a high heat, add most of the spring onions and all the green beans, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the beans are just tender. Stir in the ginger and kimchi, and fry for another minute. Add the noodles and toss everything together for 2 minutes until the noodles are piping hot.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan, and fry the eggs until the edges are crispy and the yolks are cooked to your liking. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and cook for 30 seconds more, spooning the oil and seeds over the eggs.
- Add the soy sauce to the noodles and toss. Top with the eggs. Spoon over any remaining seeds and oil, and top with the chilli, if using.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by OliveMagazine.com, we just shared it. Check them out for more great recipes!