Prep: 15 mins – Chilling: 4 hrs – Total: 4.25 hrs
- 2 3.5oz instant lemon pudding mix (dry, unprepared)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- 8 oz cool whip (thawed, divided)
- 3 1/2 sleeves graham crackers
- Place a layer of graham crackers, into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Set the graham crackers side by side to cover the whole bottom of the pan. Break graham cracker pieces as needed to fill the whole pan.
- Stir together your dry pudding mix and milk in a large bowl for about 2 minutes till it starts to thicken.
- Fold in the lemon zest and 1/2 cup of the cool whip until mixed throughout. Set aside.
- Carefully spread half of the pudding mixture over the top of the graham crackers. Spread evenly to the edges.
- Place another layer of graham crackers to cover the pudding completely and go to the edges of the pan.
- Spread the remaining pudding over the top of the graham crackers, evenly to the edges.
- Add final layer of graham crackers, placed evenly over the pudding.
- Spread remaining cool whip over the top of the final layer of graham crackers, evenly to the edges.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- **Or place ice box cake in the freezer. Remove from freezer and allow to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by lmld.org, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!