- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Serrano chiles, stemmed
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- In a blender, combine the mint, cilantro, chiles, garlic, ginger, cumin, lemon zest and juice, and ½ cup cold water; blend until very smooth.
- Transfer the chutney to a small bowl. Whisk in the chia seeds, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the seeds to thicken the sauce.
- Once thickened, season the chutney with kosher salt and pinch of granulated sugar to taste. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by Saveur.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!