Prep: 10 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total: 25 mins
For the falafel:
- 3 cups canned chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 handfull fresh parsley (blended together with the chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (added later on)
- 1/2 heaped cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spelt or whole wheat flour
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For the cranberry pear dip:
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 pears, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Put the chickpeas together with the garlic, the cumin, cilantro, and one handful of fresh parsley in a food processor and blend until you got a smooth mixture.
- Put it in a bowl and stir in the chopped parsley, the walnuts, and the flour and season it with salt and black pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Form about 15 balls and set aside.
- Then make the cranberry pear dip. Put all ingredients into a small sauce pan and cook for about 15 minutes. The sauce is supposed to thicken to a jam-like consistency. Once it’s ready, pour it into a blender and process until smooth.
- While the cranberry sauce is cooking, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Make sure to use enough oil, so the falafel get crispy on the outside. Pan-fry them for about 5 minutes, flipping them over several times.
- Serve the falafel together with the cranberry dip.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by VeganHeaven.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out for more great ideas!